martes, 6 de mayo de 2014

La(s) ausencia(s). Inglés. Narración fuera de concurso

Absence

There were only three people. Margie, a little talkative old woman, and one of my neighbors with her son .

Suddenly, I felt an extremely hurt on my knee. ‘Matt, dear, leave this man alone! , and carry on playing over there, said his mother.

And that´s all?, I thought.

In this moment the doctor appeared slightly heated into the waiting room, he was 10 minutes later: ‘I´m so sorry. A patient had an emergency’.

The child´s mother reproached him his delay: `Yesterday, my son had a fever!’. Margie didn’t remain behind: ‘and I need a medical check-up before my holiday’.

The doctor saw them with resignation and then he talked to me: ‘and you, What do you need?’.

‘I only come here to pick up my wife`s prescriptions’, I said.

And he adds: Couldn´t she come here? How strange! I would have to visit her at home a bit later. Probably, she’s really ill!, he replied with irony.

Traducción

Ausencia

Solo había 3 personas. Margie, una anciana un poco parlanchina, y una de mis vecinas con su hijo.

De repente note un intenso dolor en mi rodilla. Matt, cariño, deja al señor en paz y sigue jugando por ahí, dijo su madre.

¿Y eso es todo?, pensé.

En ese instante el doctor entro un poco acalorado en la salita de espera, llegaba 10 minutos tarde. “Lo siento mucho, un paciente tuvo una urgencia”.

La madre del niño le echó en cara su retraso: “¡Ayer mi hijo tuvo fiebre!”. Margie no se quedó atrás: “¡Y yo necesito una revisión médica antes de mis vacaciones!

El médico las miró con cara de resignación y después se dirigió a mí: “¿Y usted que desea?”.

“Yo solo vengo a por las recetas de mi mujer”, le conteste.

Y añadió: “¿No pudo venir aquí?, ¡qué raro! Debería pasar por su casa un poco más tarde, ¡debe estar realmente enferma!, respondió con ironía.

Alberto Royo Villa

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario